Mine is a hamster-running-in-a-wheel kind of life. Spinning, whirling, twirling from one responsibility to the next- individual moments are an indistinguishable blur.
But every now and again, something happens that stops the wheel for a moment. The dizzy world crystalizes into a jeweled reality and an instant opens up for reflection.
A moment like that just happened to me because my blog has been nominated for a Liebster Award. This achievement has momentarily ceased the constant rotation of my whirl-a-gig world. Though it is a digression from the usual posts on this blog, I have been handed a moment for reflection and I’m gonna take it.
I was nominated by https://amyvanya.wordpress.com/. I appreciate this nomination deeply. If you have not already, stop by and check out this warm, insightful blog. You will be captivated as I have been.
It is now my pleasure to answer 11 questions posed by Amy:
- Who is your favorite painter or artist?
This is a challenging question. I do not follow the art scene very closely nor am I well versed in the visual arts. I am a big fan of Edgar Allen Poe. I have read just about everything he ever wrote. Does he count as an artist?
- If you could live any where in the world, where would it be? And why?
I would love to live anywhere that is warm all year around. I mean it stays above 70 degrees the entire year. Also, there needs to be a beach nearby. I love the sea. Basically Hawaii would be perfect or any tropical island will do.
- How old where you, when you had your first crush?
This is really embarrassing to admit, but I was around 7 years old and my first crush was on a video game character. I was in love with Link from the Legend of Zelda.
- Who is your favorite tv or movie star?
This is an easy one. I have been a die hard Jeff Goldblum fan since I first fell in love with him in Independence Day. He was my first true love (well after Link…)
- What was the first car you ever drove?
I got my driver’s license very late. I was going on 23 years old. The first car I ever drove was my friend Mandy’s pink Geo Tracker named Elton. She was trying to teach me how to drive. The car was a manual. Long story short, the lessons did not go well. I still only drive an automatic to this day.
- Why do you blog?
I want to share my experiences learning how to program computers. Technology is such a ubiquitous part of everyday life, I thought my journey might be of some general interest. Also I have such a steep learning curve ahead of me, I blog to help me digest what I have learned.
- Do you want your blogging to take you to other writing avenues?
I am content for my blog to be just a blog for now although Debbie has suggested that I turn my blog into a book after I complete the boot camp!
- How many languages do you speak?
Sadly, I only speak one language, but I am working hard to learn Spanish.
- What is your favorite animal?
CATS!!! Cats. Cats. Cats. And more cats! I am the proud owner of 9 wonderful rescued kitties!
- Do you believe in ghost, spirits or vampires? If so, why?
Even though I have never experienced anything supernatural myself, I do believe in ghosts because people that I trust claim to have seen ghosts in the past.
- If someone gave you a box, what do you wish would be inside of it?
I wish it would have a time machine inside of it.
**Here are the Liebster Award rules for this round **
1. Thank the person who nominated you by tagging their original post to yours.
2. Answer 11 questions.
3. Nominate other bloggers who deserve this award.
4. Ask them 11 questions.
5. Put these rules in your post.
6.Inform the bloggers you have nominated.
Here are my 11 questions:
- In your opinion, what is the meaning of life?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- If you could bring back one cancelled television show, what would it be?
- What is your favorite book and why.
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- What famous person (living or dead) would you like to invite over for dinner?
- Do you have any pets? If so name and describe them.
- What is your idea of the perfect afternoon?
- If you could delete a word from the English language, what would it be and why?
- Do you believe in magic?
- What is your favorite song?
Here are the blogs I am nominating:
Now with a sigh, I get ready to remount the wheel. It was nice though… while it lasted.